We’ve been eating a lot of cauliflower recently, and up until now I haven’t made use of the green leaves that surround the white florets. It started feeling very wasteful, and I hate waste, especially the food kind, so devised a simple, fast and (of course) tasty way of serving them up.
– take one cauliflowers worth of green leaves, clean and dry them thoroughly, then cut them in half
– melt a knob of butter over a med heat and sautée half a finely sliced red onion
– cook for a few mins and once soft add your leaves as well as a good twist of freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
– turn the heat down to low and cook with the lid on for 15 mins until nice & tender
– great as a side dish to be served with any meat or fish