As the weather here in old blighty has gone downhill and sunshine replaced with rain, I felt the need for something warming yesterday evening. We bought some diced venison at our local farmers market at the weekend and had home made venison stock from friends in the fridge, the perfect start to a delicious stew.
Ingredients (to serve two hungry adults & one little person):
400g diced venison
500ml venison stock
250ml red wine
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp organic tomato purée
Med sized swede
Med sized red onion
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
– preheat your oven to 145 degrees
– peel and chop your veg into chunky pieces and put into a sturdy casserole pot
– put your venison in a large bowl and cover with the stock, wine, vinegar and tomato purée, stir well to combine
– put this into the casserole and mix well with the veg so the meat is covered with liquid
– cook with the lid on for 5 hours and serve with buttered green veggies. We had ours with purple sprouting broccoli, also from the farmers market and it was divine!!